HKS and HES (HKS-HES) Wiki
This is the Wiki for Jefferson Lab experiments E01-011 and E05-115. Eventually, it should contain detailed descriptions of all hardware and software components.
All information relevant for shift crews should be contained or linked to from the page Shift Crew Information.
- 1 Analysis Strategy
- 2 Shift Crew Information
- 3 On going projects
- 4 Meetings
- 5 Collaboration
- 6 Publications & Documents
- 7 Accelerator & Engineering
- 8 High resolution Kaon Spectrometer (HKS)
- 9 High resolution Electron Spectrometer (HES)
- 10 Targets & Target Control
- 11 Splitter Magnet
- 12 Operation parameters for Splitter magnet
- 13 Fission Experiment
- 14 DAQ/Electronics
- 15 Controls
- 16 Common Sense in Analysis
- 17 Analysis
- 18 Simulation
- 19 HKS-HES Subversion Repository
- 20 How-To's & Manuals
- 21 Shifts
- 22 EH&S
- 23 Technical Notes
- 24 External links
- 25 Getting started
On going projects
- Analysis of E05-115 by Collaboration
- Publication works of E01-011 by Collaboration
- Agenda of HKS/HES Collaboration Meeting
- Date : March 10 - 11, 2010
- Place: JLab, CEBAF CENTER (L102/104)
- March 10, E01-011 Analysis, Publication Strategy and Future plan
- 09:00 Hashimoto Opening and general remarks Media:OH-201003.pdf
- 09:30 Yuan&Seva New Seva-code replay and analysis results
- 10:30 Fujii&Matsumura Mass and Cross section evaluation and comments on physics interpretation Media:Dthesis-mod-fujii-100310.pdf
- 11:30 Tang Optical/kinematical calibration and tracking accuracy Media:Tang20100310.pdf
- 12:15 Nakamura Discussion on finalizing the spectra Media:HKS20100310-SNN-1.pdf
- 13:00-14:30 ***** Lunch *****
- 14:30 Hashimoto Publication Strategy, Schedule and Work Assignment
- 15:30 Tang General idea about test run of decay p program in Hall A Media:E10-010-20100310.pdf
- 16:00 Margarian Tagged-Weak p-Method and TOF with RF-PMT for HpS
- 16:30 Tang Discussion about future plan (2012 run and further future)
- March 11, E05-115 Analysis Status and Strategy
- 09:00 Nakamura Summary of obtained data and general analysis strategy Media:HKS20100311-SNN-2.pdf
- 09:40 Maruta Summary of EPICS, Scaler, Raster, Survey data 
- 10:20 Kawama E05-115 replay, first condensed data set [ppt download : http://lambda.phys.tohoku.ac.jp/~kawama/HES/ppt/Meeting_10Mar/kawama_replay_11Mar10.pptx]
- 11:00 Reinhold Particle Identification Media:reinholdmarch2010.pdf
- 11:30-13:30 ***** Lunch *****
- 13:30 Zhihong Estimation of energy loss, beam energy stability, time zero adjustmentMedia:Zhihong_Ye_2010_March11.pdf
- 14:00 Gogami Focal plane time for HES-HKS, WC, AC analysis
- 14:30 Chunhua HDC analysisMedia:Martchmeeting_hardware_1.pdf Media:Martchmeeting_hardware_21.pdf Media:Martchmeeting_hardware_22.pdfMedia:Martchmeeting_software.pdf
- 15:00 Kawama EDC analysis
- 15:30 Nakamura General Discussion
- 15:45 Hashimoto Future collaboration meetings etc.
- 16:00 Petkovic A remark of gratitude on the occasion of 10 years history of the HYspectroscopy at JLab Media:10yearsHYJlabPetko.pdf
- 16:05 Adjourn
- 18:00 END Run Party @ Kappo Nara
== Previous meetings
- Archive of Meetings.
HKS-HES web page is opened at http://lambda.phys.tohoku.ac.jp/~hes. It is opened for public and this Wiki is for JLab user only. The web page information is still just copy of HKS page now, but we will update.
PAC19 E01-011 (HKS) Media:e01-011.pdf PAC28 E05-115 (HES) Media:e05-115.pdf PAC33 E08-002 (HES extension) Media:e08-002.pdf E08-012 (HpiS) Media:e08-012.pdf
A survey of hypernuclear physics  50 years of hypernuclear physics: I. The early experiments  50 years of hypernuclear physics. II. The later years  A First- and Second-Order Matrix Theory for the Design of Beam Transport Systems and Charged Particle Spectrometers Karl L. Brown 1982 at SLAC  Pattern Recognition and Event Reconstruction in Particle Physics Experiments, R. Mankel]
This section of the HKS-HES Wiki contains an overview of the scope of work being performed by Accelerator and Engineering staff in support of the experiment. The section is divided into system-specific sub-sections.
This section contains information about magnets and detectors of the kaon spectrometer.
This is the experiment (E02-017) which will measure the lifetime of heavy Lambda-hypernuclei that are produced via photo-production using the real photons generated from the HKS target. The experiment will run parasitically with the HKS experiment and the Fission Fragment Detector (FFD) is located just in front of the photon dump for HKS. The FFD contains its own target foil with multiple thin materials, Fe, Cu, Ag, Au, Bi, and U, on a common backing foil (2 microns thick) aluminum-Mylar. In the common chamber, the FFD has two independent pairs of MWPCs to measure the TOFs as well as the trajectories of the fission fragments. The system operates under low pressure (~3 Torrs) with heptane gas.
Technical information associated with the experiment are provided here.
Module arrangement Media:Rack_HallC.pdf Media:Rack_CountingHouse.pdf
The F1 TDCs are installed in the electronics room of the counting house. One crate operates in high resolution mode, using only 1/2 of the inputs, and the other one in low resolution mode. The F1s are unusual TDCs and have a number of peculiarities that need to be accounted for.
For an overview and all the detail you might want, take a look at this Wiki page from the GEp-III experiment:
F1 TDC Details
All the special consideration for that experiment also apply to HKS.
We use the CAEN HV crates in the G0 cage on the 2nd floor of the counting house.
Common Sense in Analysis
Raw data files are analyzed with the HKS/HES Analysis ENGINE, a modified version of the Hall C Analysis ENGINE.
A list of runs can be found in the E05-115 Run List
How-To's & Manuals
How to operate target ladder : Media:target_manual.pdf, Media:tgt-con.pdf (2005) HKS, ENGE magnet control : (to be updated) Media:mag-con.pdf Operation and Tracking of HDC1,2 an,EDC2 Media:hdc-howto.pdf HTOF and EHOD : (to be updated) Media:scintillator.pdf Water Cherenkov : (to be updated) Media:HKS-Old-WC.pdf Operation and Tracking of EDC1 Media:edc-howto.pdf Sieve Slit Control : (to be updated) Media:ss-con.pdf HKS magnets Media:hks-howto.pdf
HKS Sieve Slit Design Media:HKS-ss-design.pdf KQ1 Media:HKS-Q1.pdf KQ2 Media:HKS-Q1.pdf KD Media:HKS-D.pdf KD Power Supply (252V, 1254A) Media:HKS-D-PS.pdf F1-TDC paper & Test Media:F1-TDC-paper.pdf Media:F1-TDC-test.pdf EQ1, EQ2, ED Media:HES-Q1-Q2-D.pdf ED Power Supply (250V, 1100A) Media:HES-D-PS.pdf
- Obsolete for reference only
ENGE SS Design (to be rep. HES Sieve Slit) Media:ENGE-ss-design.pdf ENGE magnet (for reference) Media:ENGE-magnet.pdf ENGE tilt optimization (for reference) Media:OLD-ENGE-tilt.pdf OLD SPL howto (for reference) Media:OLD-SPL-howto.pdf E01-011 Electronics Doc. (for reference) Media:E01-011-Electronics-doc.pdf
HKS Target Ladder Exchange : (to be updated] Media:LadderEx.pdf HKS Vacuum System : (to be updated] Media:HKS-Vacuum.pdf
- Conduct of Operations (COO)
- Scratchpad to make a new Checklist
Exit beam shielding for the HKS experiment (Jay Benesch) Media:HKS_seven_mag_results.pdf
Summary of Sieve Slit Simulation (Daisuke Kawama) Media:SSana_Mike.pdf
- JLab E01-011 HKS Experiment Homepage
- HKS Homepage at Tokoku University
- HKS-HES Homepage at Tokoku University