Compton Meeting, June 16, 2011

From PolWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Previous Meeting: Compton Meeting, June 9, 2011

Following Meeting:

Agenda

Laser

Photon Detector

  1. Followup to Gaskell analysis studies from last week
  2. Don's talk for the collaboration meeting (outline, topics, etc.)

Electron Detector

  1. Vladas' talk for the collaboration meeting (outline, topics, etc.)

Replay

  1. If anyone has started looking into getting ROOT macros running on the farm, please let me know. --Wdconinc 02:40, 16 June 2011 (UTC)

Attendance

Dave G, Mark D, Seth C, Kent P, Jeff M

Vladas T at CAP, Don J ill


Minutes

  • Compton Half Day meeting on Tuesday in B207 9 am to noon. Dave will organise a call in number. Emphasis on making others aware on what each group will be working on and what support/resources are needed.

https://hallcweb.jlab.org/polwiki/index.php/Compton_Working_Planning_Meeting%2C_June_21%2C_2011

Laser

  • Dave G says the new motion control is on the way. Seth will look into whether we need another RS232 cable
  • Mark has put in job at machine shop for 2 more new mirror mounts
  • What is the work planned:
    • What do we plan to do about optical isolation from the laser?
    • How much higher in gain in the cavity will we go for?
    • Will we use symmetric or asymmetric cavity mirror configuration?

Photon Detector

  • Discussed asymmetries in the background. Dave G will do simulation. Don will make a plot of background differences over time.
  • Don is ill so we can't discuss his talk

Electron Detector

  • Vladas is at CAP so we can't discuss his talk