Compton Meeting, March 15, 2012 (F226)
Meeting room: F226 (Game of musical rooms continues..)
1. Dial Toll-Free Number: 866-740-1260 (U.S. & Canada) 2. International participants dial: Toll Number: 303-248-0285 Or International Toll-Free Number: http://www.readytalk.com/intl 3. Enter your 7-digit access code, followed by “#” --> our access code is 3227471
- Moved flipper to position after last lens. Thermal lensing still there.
- LED system: ND filters installed on Delta LED - 20 mV signal but still noisy hclog
- LED run 24435 (LED run w/delta at 20 mV). ELOG 183
- More zero crossing analysis: elog 344
- Results from 2nd PWTL readout
- Updated results plots pre- and post-spot move
- Test with detector closer to beam
- Volunteer for Compton talk at next Wednesday meeting?
- Flipper will be moved further downstream (again) to see if that helps thermal lensing. Last move didn't seem to help.
- Looked at Juan Carlos' elog on LED run 24435. Several questions: if horizontal axis is integrated variable signal, what is size of horizontal error bar? The large variation on Both-Variable (should = delta) does not seem consistent with the plots just prior: analysis bug? Would also be interesting to see distributions.
- Looked at Don's photon log on non-zero laser table scintillator differences - totally correlated with photon detector. Wouter found that the FlipPC script had not been run appropriately for this run - so likely had larger than usual position differences, as well as large charge asymmetry.
- Vladas discussed his elog entry about finding the "zero-crossing" using a linear fit. The last plot in his entry shows that the difference he sees between the full fit to the spectrum and the linear fit can be attributed to short-comings in the linear fit technique. The red curve shows the results of the same test using pseudo-data.
- Dave G. to check with Dipangkar about status of online analysis of parallel PWTL chain.
- Vladas will work on updating edet results pre and post-spot move.
- Still need to move the edet closer to the beam.
- Some discussion of near-term priorities:
- Keep Compton running
- Understand edet dead time (mostly analysis at this point)
- Get LED system running - use regularly.
- Wouter comments that there are more systematic tests that should be done. No dis-agreement.