Compton Meeting, May 23, 2011
Previous Meeting Compton Meeting, April 11, 2011
Following Meeting Compton Meeting, June 2, 2011
Doodle poll reminder
- Update on plans for laser work (Mark)
- Kent's Transfer function measurement note https://qweak.jlab.org/elog/Laser/93
- Designing mount for transfer function
- Summer intern (Brandon Cavness) arrives tomorrow
- Replay (wdc):
- On ifarml, aim for middle of June
- All resulting ROOT files will be stored on work disk
- Replay will include all macros as well
- Prereq: full BCM/BPM analysis
- Photon detector analyzer status:
- Scaler BCM/BPM read-out status (jc)
- What else? (excl. electron det)
- Summary meeting with Hamlet last Wednesday (kent/mark/dave/wdc)
- Dual pulser linearity test system (pulser logic) (jc?)
- DAQ summer plans:
- Increase data transfer speed to allow for more snapshots/longer sample windows
- Coincidence mode: What specs? Are we happy with what we have (Mark's accumulator mode response function)?
Mark, Amrendra, Wouter, JC, Kent, DD, Don, Vladas
- Discussed the need for the new mount: the ability to align the optical axis of the GL and the rotation axis of the rotation mount.
- Discussed the cavity power measurement. Electron detector group will do some analysis to see their sensitivity to this. We may want to revise how the power is measured.
- JC - working on BCM and BPM analyser code for replay. BPM - waiting for commit from Paul - something will be out within the next week. Will allow absolute positions and position differences. Talked about the benefits of having the BPMs calibrated - a rough calibration should be sufficient.
- Dithering - we only have the flag since beginning of April but this should be enough to show that we aren't sensitive to the modulation.
- Pedestals for replay, we will have long periods of constant pedestal for each detector-ADC combination. Mark to make plots of pedestal over time. Use 'beam off' pedestals.
- Agreement that 'burst-mode' analysis not necessary for photon detector, will revisit later for electron detector.
- Summary of the separate meeting: PMT in middle of 4 PbWO4 crystals, Hamlet found ice-box (Don to check if it fits in beamline), will mount 1 mm plastic fibers from back to reflect of mylar on the front (JC to talk to Vardan about this.)
- JC has Megan's paper on LED pulser linearity system and is beginning to work on it.
- Increase speed by going to DMA.
- There is a benefit to coincidence mode to find unexpected 'stuff' in both detectors but it's not a high priority.
- Busy organizing analysis into more systematic effort, DD says they plan to implement the suggestions here https://qweak.jlab.org/elog/DAQ+%26+Analysis/215 More in the next meeting.