RC Meeting, Friday, September 17, 2021
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 10 am, remote
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-18.104.22.168 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
On Wednesday at 8:30am beam was stopped to Hall C and work to finish the RF separator work for Hall D cont. Around 7pm that work was rapping and up and was looking very promising for beam to Halls B,C and D. Unfortunately, the south linac dropped shortly after that and it took many hours to restore.
By approx. 2pm on Thursday, beam began coming back into Hall C and by 3pm we were into production running again.
Current Run Plan
- Finish the current D(e,e'pi-)pp setting (likely around midnight)
- Start the elastic calibration run (~ 5 hrs of data)
- This is a a lot of changes, please carefully document all changes and check the replays.
- There is a rotation to 7.06 degrees
- Next Luminosity Scans
- Again requires going to a small angle for the SHMS (7.5 degrees) and the HMS (12.5 degrees)
- The two sets of scans require ~ 17 hrs of data
- Once beam was back today, a x10 amp was added to the Noble Gas Cherenkov signals and PMT gains re-matched. A quick check of the eff. showed a large improvement: new https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3906282 vs old https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3905847.
- MCC has been notified that we will require a beam energy measurement at this pass. Hopefully good beam this weekend and then we can ask for this to be done on Monday day.