RC Update and Run Plan for Aug 11, 2020
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 General updates
- 3 Current Run Plan
- 4 Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- 5 Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes
- 6 Useful Links
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, remote
Tuesday Aug 11 2020.
- Reasonable beam since yesterday. Beam taken away at 8am for RF recovery.
- Dave Mack looking at BCM runs.
- Target changed from 270->90 https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3824825
- Hall A charge asymmetry feedback alarming overnight. It seems that outdated BCM gains were loaded. 
- SoLID cerenkov moved from HMS to SHMS side. 
- HMS certified to rotate down to 13.5 deg.
- Angle encoder offsets from earthquake are fixed. 
Recent polarization measurements
Current Run Plan
Normal Production running
- Make sure operational restrictions are followed.
- Make sure the raster size is correct (4-4.5)
- Monitor beam parameters/configuration very often and post an entry like this at the beginning of your shift and when run conditions have changed
- Running on cell targets: raster always ON (4-4.5, size will be determined by the scraping checks), orbit locks ON, current ramp rate 1 muA/sec
- Always take 120Hz of EDTM
- Fill the BTA with realistic numbers. If the desired beam current is not delivered prorate your ABUs!
- Change the IHWP every 4 hours when running on glass cells
- Run plan
- Re-establish beam in the Hall Short beam checkout
- Production on 3He; if not able to reach requested current (27 uA), pro-rate the ABUs
- Moller measurement during Wednesday Day shift (Murchana and Bill)
Notes for tomorrow's 7:45 meeting
- Opportunistic target polarization calibration and studies on Tuesday-Wednesday during beam off and Moller measurement (priority is beam)??
- After ~ 10 days of running Hall C will go to 1 pass for ~3 days (plan for 17AUG)
- EPR diode good for now, but check for future planned accesses.
When there is a down:
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Beam positions: 
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- Spectrometer GUI (
go_magnets) should always be visible on Shift Leader computer, hcdesk3
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- If any of the Spectrometers magnets trip, take a screenshot of the PSU window and check the hall for smoke or water with the camera before resetting the interlock and post it to hclog.
- Spectrometer GUI (
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Ramp rate lock instructions are here and added to checklist
Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-22.214.171.124 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920