RC Update and Run Plan for Aug 9, 2020
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 General updates
- 3 Current Run Plan
- 4 Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- 5 Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes
- 6 Useful Links
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, remote
Sunday Aug 9 2020.
- Had trippy beam at the start of swing. After some tuning, proceeded to begin BCM calibration. Only got through one cycle (too long and invasive to Hall D). 
- Reduced run current to 27 uA to improve SHMS live time. Fairly smooth running after 8pm when 1L13 found to be draining a bit of energy from C beam line. 
- No beam initially due to beam steering issues (BLM trips) in 7S at the start of day shift.
- Access in progress to NL for 1L20 vacuum issues. ,,,,
- HMS dipole throws current lead mass flow interlock 3 times today and daily the past few days. Steve L will do some re-programming of this fault on Tuesday: 
Recent polarization measurements
- 43.9% at 11:30am 
Current Run Plan
Normal Production running
- Make sure operational restrictions are followed.
- Make sure the raster size is correct (4-4.5)
- Monitor beam parameters/configuration very often and post an entry like this at the beginning of your shift and when run conditions have changed
- Running on cell targets: raster always ON (4-4.5, size will be determined by the scraping checks), orbit locks ON, current ramp rate 1 muA/sec
- Always take 120Hz of EDTM
- Fill the BTA with realistic numbers. If the desired beam current is not delivered prorate your ABUs!
- Change the IHWP every 4 hours when running on glass cells
- Run plan
- Re-establish beam .
- Production on 3He; if not able to reach requested current (27 uA), pro-rate the ABUs
Notes for tomorrow's 7:45 meeting
- Opportunistic target polarization calibration and studies on Tuesday-Wednesday during beam off and Moller measurement (priority is beam)
- Spin polarization change 270->90 on Tuesday start of RF recovery.
- Moller measurement on Wednesday
- Plan for BCM calibration when C has priority. Need two more cycles (disruptive to D due to shared slit).
- After ~ 10 days of running Hall C will go to 1 pass for ~3 days
- Planning for Simona's SoLID Cerenkov access on Tuesday, will need to coordinate to rotate HMS to 29 deg (Steve L), crane work, etc. ~4-5 hours work. Walter, Jay, Steve notified. Working with RADCON to be swept first thing Tuesday.
- Tgt people: swap EPR photodiode on Tuesday?
When there is a down:
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Beam positions: 
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- Spectrometer GUI (
go_magnets) should always be visible on Shift Leader computer, hcdesk3
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- If any of the Spectrometers magnets trip, take a screenshot of the PSU window and check the hall for smoke or water with the camera before resetting the interlock and post it to hclog.
- Spectrometer GUI (
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Ramp rate lock instructions are here and added to checklist
Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-22.214.171.124 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920