RC meeting and Run Plan, Friday 29th March
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 3:30 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-188.8.131.52 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- KaonLT-SIDIS Group 2018-2019 Shift Schedule
- Hall-C Controls
- Hall-C Logbook
- MCC White Board
- KaonLT Status Page
Brexit DayNo Brexit Day
- Beam energy measurement was completed yesterday evening - https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3673350
- Unfortunately that's most of the good news out of the way for today
- Beam very trippy over night (https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3673504), MCC resolved this issue early this morning...
- BUT then there was a new issue, https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3673538
- Beam has been off since roughly 9am this morning due to this issue
- Beam coming back slowly at around 14:30, once it's stable enough and things look OK we'll begin data taking again
- HMS Dipole interlocked ~15 minutes ago so currently down again
Current Run Plan
- We are currently running the dummy target for our first kinematic point at this beam energy, Q2 = 4.4, W = 2.74, low epsilon centre setting
- Once the dummy target is done (~ 1 hour) we will switch back to LH2 and run until tomorrow day shift (Unless the accelerator fairies are VERY kind to us tonight and we get incredible beam/stats through swing)
- After this, we switch to the left setting (SHMS moves to 13 degrees) for this kinematic point
- We'll then run at this point until approximately day shift on Sunday, after this it's onto the next kinematic point (where we'll be for quite a while!)
- This next setting has a very low SHMS angle (the lowest we can move to remotely), I will give an update on the timing of this as things become clearer over the weekend
- Whichever shift this ends up on will have to monitor the rotation very vigilantly as it is in progress
- We will not meet over the weekend unless anything major comes up
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Please take a screenshot of the spectrometer angles when they are moved to a new position and make a log entry. If working on a kinematic that lasts several days take an image daily.
- Pay attention to the notices posted in the counting house regarding HMS Q1/Q2.
- If HMS interlocks when ramping, check the live camera image of the HMS power supplies for smoke/water before clearing the interlock.
- Alexandre had a short access earlier today during the downtime, he has requested another one early next week during the beam studies/RF recovery down periods.