Run Plan (updated when needed)
Rough / High-level sketch of d2n kinematic settings
Reduced kinematics list to accommodate limited beam time (dropped 1/4 of kinematics)
--------- Beam Params ---------- E_beam = 10.4 GeV/c I_beam = 30 uA P_targ = 0.50 P_beam = 0.80
--------- HMS ---------- E' theta x Q2 W A 4.2 13.5 0.207 2.414 3.178 B 4.2 16.4 0.305 3.554 2.993 *C 4.0 20.0 0.418 5.018 2.806 [Starting here] -- Only setting compatible with SOLID Cherenkov small-angle test.
--------- SHMS ---------- E' theta x Q2 W *X 7.5 11.0 0.527 2.866 1.859 [Starting here] Y 6.4 14.5 0.565 4.240 2.036 Z 5.6 18.0 0.633 5.701 2.046
- Not shown is the 1-pass running (2--3'ish days)
- We should expect to have 6 weeks of beam
- Hall C will have priority over Hall A (if there are beam loading, machine stability issues)
- Rough priorities:
We plan to start at 5-pass with kinematics A and X (small angle)
- We will start at 5-pass with kinematics C and X (small angle on SHMS, large angle on HMS)
- This will allow the SOLID Cerenkov prototype folks to setup before beam and run their small-angle test on the HMS side.
- Then move to kin A and Z (high-Q2 SHMS, small angle HMS)
- Scheduling of Kin B, Y and 1-pass running would depend on how the Accel/target/virus behaves
- Confirm we have all the optics we need!
- Analyze and get the new matrices in the analyzer
- Make sure we have empty target runs for all kinematics and all optics configurations to help disentangle beamline window contributions
- Nail down estimates for ref cell running (N2, H2, 3He, empty)
- Minimal/no positron running?
- Perhaps measure the positron background in HMS at 20 degree and compare with model?
1-pass running considerations
- Request pass change to 1-pass
- Controlled Access to install collimator (RadCon)
- Restore 1-pass beam to Hall
- Begin production running following A1n 1-pass notes 1-pass_calibration_for_A1n_(Jan_2020)
- 3He elastic and QE longitudinal Asymmetries (incl. pressure curve / ref cell running)
- HMS setting: 11.7 deg, -2.1483 GeV/c
- SHMS setting: 8.5 deg, -2.12860 GeV/c
- Polarized 3He Delta Transverse Asymmetry
- HMS setting: 11.7 deg, -1.75830 GeV/c (electron W=1.232)
- SHMS setting: 8.5 deg, -1.79736 GeV/c (electron W=1.232)
- Pol 3He Elastic Measurement (E12-06-121A)
- Details Coming Soon