This page tries to capture/consolidate some low-level details in the Hall C Counting House configuration. In general every directory/system will contain one or more README files describing the relevant software/philosophy etc. The majority of the configuration files/code are also stored in git repos with remotes on the hallcgit.jlab.org host.
- Hall C CODA/DAQ Layout
- General hardware and software layout of DAQ and CODA systems
- Some notes on how to change-over between experiments
- Hall C Trigger Layout
- Video capture systems
- Spectrometer Angle cameras
- Hall Cameras, etc.
- Hall C EPICS
- HV systems
- Gas systems
- Auxiliary softIOCs
- Hall C Compute Cluster
- Systems and layout
- Puppet configuration
- System backups
- Notes on spectrometer and cryo controls
Spare Hardware Locations
- CAMAC, NIM: Hall C Counting House cabinets (in electronics room by door to the outside)
- VME: Counting House, 2nd floor, blue module cabinet in Jack Segal's area
- HV: Counting House, 2nd floor, cabinet in "G0 cage"
- PMTs, HV bases: EEL/126 cabinet at rear of room (labelled, standard 'A12' keyed lock)
- Wiener Crate control units (front panel, ethernet, etc): EEL/126 cabinet
ESB / Building 23 (NE corner)
This has been my staging and test area for a number of years and contains several DAQ test beds supporting several groups. The hardware, cabling, modules in that space should generally be considered as either 'in-use' or as being staged for a near-term future experiment (ie. NPS/LAD/GEn-RP). The experiment on the floor takes priority, of course, but don't steal from future experiments without actively following up on replacing that hardware.
- CAEN Sy45xx crates and modules (NPS)
- Wiener VXS crates (NPS)
- FADCs, SD, TI, boards etc (NPS)
- Cabling (NPS, GEn-RP)