Revision as of 11:19, 21 July 2020 by Jones
HMS optics page
- HMS is a Q1-Q2-Q3-D magnet system
- New drift chamber were installed in HMS for 12 GeV. Need to check the
- HMS delta matrix has not been optimized in the 12 GeV era. Still delta matrix from the 6 GeV era.
- All HMS magnets saturate when magnet is set above 5 GeV.
HMS optics at low momentum
HMS optics at 6.6 GeV
- Fall 2018 take series of optics and elastic runs.
- List of runs at Kaon Run list.
- Initial set of runs (4734-4741,4768-4773) with Optics 1 target (-10,0,10) and varied dipole and Quads to try and get ytar vs yptar
- Online Conclusion that it was not converging.
- Series of elastic runs with HMS angle changes to move the elastic across the focal plane. all runs at nominal magnet settings.
- Runs 4805-4811 HMS at 18.79deg LH2, Runs 4812-13 DUmmy
- Runs 4816-17 HMS at 17.20 deg Lh2, Runs 4814-15 Dummy
- Runs 4821,24,25 HMS at 19.755deg LH2, Run 4822 Dummy.
- Optic 1 target Run 4819.
- Optic 1 target RUn 4820 ( modified Q1 current).
- Single carbon Run 4818.
HMS optics at momentum greater than 5 GeV
- Initial study of HMS saturation in Spring18
- Looked at the yptar versus ytar correlation at HMS momentum 5.1 to 5.9 GeV
- Fixed the Q1-Q2-Q3 to settings for the given set momentum and then varies the HMS dipole
- Logbook entry about the measurement.