Revision as of 11:41, 16 July 2020 by Jones (Created page with "=HMS optics page= ==Introduction== * HMS is a Q1-Q2-Q3-D magnet system * New drift chamber were installed in HMS for 12 GeV. Need to check the * HMS delta matrix has not been...")
HMS optics page
- HMS is a Q1-Q2-Q3-D magnet system
- New drift chamber were installed in HMS for 12 GeV. Need to check the
- HMS delta matrix has not been optimized in the 12 GeV era. Still delta matrix from the 6 GeV era.
- All HMS magnets saturate when magnet is set above 5 GeV.
HMS optics at low momentum
HMS optics at momentum greater than 5 GeV
- Initial study of HMS saturation in Spring18
- Looked at the yptar versus ytar correlation at HMS momentum 5.1 to 5.9 GeV
- Fixed the Q1-Q2-Q3 to settings for the given set momentum and then varies the HMS dipole
- Logbook entry about the measurement.