Hall C Cameras
Hall C Cameras
- The Hall C Cameras can be brought up on any hcdesk machine using
You can also open a browser and go to
Note that that link only works if you are on the Hall C network.
HCCAM02 is a newer camera model, so you'll note that the controls interface is a little different, but the biggest issue is that the 'live' web interface doesn't play well (reliably) under Firefox under RHEL7.
go_cameras script has been updated to use Chrome instead. If you get to the cameras page with that script, then follow the usual steps and (read the new 'reminder' screen for hccam02) and it should work for you.
If you used a link in Firefox and want to control HCCAM02, then open a terminal and run
Rebooting Hall Cameras
The three 'Hall' Cameras (hccam01, 02, 03) are on a switchable power supply. They can be rebooted from this switch. You need to be on a Hall C computer to access this link.
https://hcreboot4.jlab.org (User: hccuser)
- From the top tabs: Control >> RPDU >> Outlets
- Then select "Reboot Immediate", the camera to be rebooted, and on the next page "Apply".
Make an HCLog if you reboot a camera this way.
"Firmware Install Required" Problem
Sometimes the camera firmware is damaged enough that it will request that the firmware be reinstalled after a power-cycle.
- Download this File:Sc385 213E.img.gz, open a terminal and decompress it with
% gunzip Sc385_213E.img.gz
- Follow the Firmware Update instructions the camera presents on its web page. (Select the Sc385_213E.img file to upload.)
Make an HCLog if you have to do this.
NOTE: The camera firmware defaults to a 'H.264' live stream format that the web browser can't handle. Click on the 'JPEG' button on the left sidebar to get the live image back until the default can be reset by an expert.
Firmware File Archive
Panasonic Firmware files can be found here:
Vendor link (as of Aug 2021):