Difference between revisions of "How-to"
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
* Hall C Raster
* Hall C Raster
**If problems call Raster experts in order of listed on [https://hallcweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/Experts_on_call#On_call_Experts Expert on call
**If problems call Raster experts in order of listed on [https://hallcweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/Experts_on_call#On_call_Experts Expert on call ].
** Raster procedure is located at [http://opsntsrv.acc.jlab.org/ops_docs/online_document_files/MCC_online_files/hallC_target_raster_proc.pdf Hall C Fast Raster Setup Procedure]
**Raster procedure is located at [http://opsntsrv.acc.jlab.org/ops_docs/online_document_files/MCC_online_files/hallC_target_raster_proc.pdf Hall C Fast Raster Setup Procedure]
* DAQ Related Help
* DAQ Related Help
Revision as of 22:22, 12 December 2019
NOTE: If you can't solve the problem in 1 hour you MUST then contact the Run Coordinator! (See also Experts on call)
Polarized He3 Target Information
- The Hall C Operations Manual is a thorough and up-to-date set of instructions.
- Make HCLog entries using the logbook page, or by running 'hclog' in a terminal.
- Please be concise, but clear. Assume you will need to search for, and understand, an entry 12 months from now (or longer).
- Hall C Raster
- If problems call Raster experts in order of listed on Expert on call page.
- Raster procedure is located at Hall C Fast Raster Setup Procedure
- The raster X and Y signals that go into the DAQ are also shown on an oscilliscope in rack CH03B14. See logbook entry for a movie of good oscilliscope signals. The X and Y should be 90 degrees out of phase and the amplitude variation in sync.
- If raster signal's amplitude variation is not in sync, then ask MMC to go to the "Waveform Generator" page ( top right corner of the Hall C fast raster page). On the "Waveform Generator" page have MCC click on the "SYNC ARB" button.
- If raster signal's phase is not 90 degrees, then ask MMC to go to the "Waveform Generator" page ( top right corner of the Hall C fast raster page). On the "Waveform Generator" page have MCC click on the "SYNC PHASE" button.
- DAQ Related Help
- Instructions for power cycling the drive controllers for the HMS/SHMS collimators.
- More detailed info on collimator controls. Also includes description of the collimators.
- EPICS screens can be found at jmenu -> <search for> "HMS coll" and you'll see both entries
- The usual collimator settings are HMS : "Large Collimator" and SHMS : "Collimator".
- Hall C Scalers & xscalers instructions for HMS and SHMS.
- Gas Shed
- High Voltage Controls
- Run 'go_hv' and follow instructions
- EPICS/Accelerator Screens
- Also includes Stripcharts, Gas System info, Collimator controls, Chamber Thresholds, Harps, Energy/Position Locks, etc...
- Hall C Drift Chamber Threshold Controls
- Hall C BPMs: Run go_bpms from the cdaq account
- How to see results of Hall C harp scans
- How to bring up the Hall C YAG Viewer camera
- How to bring up the Alarm Handler
- Hall C cameras
- Hall C BCM Temperatures
- How to restore the Hall C EDTM Pulser
- How to check the HMS/SHMS shutters
- How to perform pedestal runs and determine FADC thresholds
- How to perform raster runs (this is the equivalent of spot++)
- Bull's Eye Scan -- BPM calibration instructions
- How to check the HMS discriminator threshold read back
- How to perform a BCM calibration
- How to operate the Hall-C Radiator (J/Psi Experiment)
- Magnet screen is brought up on any hcdesk machine by the command go_magnets
- Note: only ONE copy of the magnet control GUI screen can be running. Creating a new one will cause the old one to disappear.
- How to operate and monitor the Spectrometer Magnets
- Spectrometer Magnets Cryogenics
- Resetting Magnet Interlocks
- How-to power cycle SHMS PLC I/O chassis: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3625900
How to Rotate the HMS and SHMS
Hall C Cryo-target
- Hall C 12-GeV Era Cryotarget Instructions
- Hall C target configuration for Spring 17 running
- How to operate the Hall-C Bremsstrahlung Radiator for the J/Ψ -007 Experiment (Spring 2019)