NOTE: If you can't solve the problem in 1 hour you MUST then contact the Run Coordinator! (See also Experts on call)
- The Hall C Operations Manual is a thorough and up-to-date set of instructions.
- Make HCLog entries using the logbook page, or by running 'hclog' in a terminal.
- Please be concise, but clear. Assume you will need to search for, and understand, an entry 12 months from now (or longer).
- Electronic Shift Checklist should be completed once per shift.
- This 'How to' page can help you find most items (see below). You may also find the instructions here helpful.
- DAQ Related Help
- Collimator control for HMS/SHMS. Also includes description of the collimators.
- EPICS screens can be found at jmenu -> <search for> "HMS coll" and you'll see both entries
- The usual collimator settings are HMS : "Large Collimator" and SHMS : "Collimator".
- Hall C Scalers & xscalers instructions for HMS and SHMS.
- Gas Shed
- High Voltage Controls
- Run 'go_hv' and follow instructions
- EPICS/Accelerator Screens
- Also includes Stripcharts, Gas System info, Collimator controls, Chamber Thresholds, Harps, etc...
- Hall C BPMs: Run go_bpms from the cdaq account
- How to see results of Hall C harp scans
- How to bring up the Hall C YAG Viewer camera
- How to bring up the Alarm Handler
- Hall C cameras
- Hall C BCM Temperatures
- How to restore the Hall C EDTM Pulser
- How to check the HMS/SHMS shutters
- How to perform pedestal runs and determine FADC thresholds
- How to perform raster runs (this is the equivalent of spot++)
- How to check the HMS discriminator threshold read back
- BCM Calibration
- Magnet screen is brought up on any hcdesk machine by the command go_magnets
- Note: only ONE copy of the magnet control GUI screen can be running. Creating a new one will cause the old one to disappear.
- How to operate and monitor the Spectrometer Magnets
- Spectrometer Magnets Cryogenics
- Resetting Magnet Interlocks
- How-to power cycle SHMS PLC I/O chassis: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3625900