Information for Shift Takers
Revision as of 09:49, 3 April 2018 by Jones
Counting house: 5503, 6666 & 6000 | Run coordinator: 270-8916 | MCC: 7046 & 7047 & 7048 | Crew chief: 7045 | Guard house: 8522
Before the start of your shift: read and understand the Safety Documentation for this experiment.
- You must then sign in the Yellow Binder in the Hall C Counting House!
Detailed instructions for Shift Takers are available on the How-to page. If you encounter problems, look first at those instructions for assistance.
Fall 2017 Commissioning Plans
- 1 Detailed instructions for Shift Takers are available on the How-to page. If you encounter problems, look first at those instructions for assistance.
- 2 Fall 2017 Commissioning Plans
- 3 Your Responsibilities
- Communicate clearly and effectively with shift crews and MCC (7047), and log any status information to the HCLOG
- Maintain and update the Shift Summary detailing the events which occur while on shift
- This is done by starting the summary as a log entry titled "X Shift Summary" where X = Day, Swing, Owl
- Save & edit the summary after ANY event of interest occurs
- This provides the readers with an up-to-date play by play of the current shift
- See example: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3402742
- Keep track of beam time accounting
- Consult the daily run plans and communicate with Run Coordinator whenever problems happen that cannot be solved by shift workers.
- Maintain data taking quality and an efficient use of beam time.
- Log the following in a shift summary in the Hall C Logbook:
- run list (describing the goal of this run: eg production on LH2, BCM calibration...) and report main statistic numbers
- any major events, including accesses
- Watch the target, see Target Info
- Assist the shift leader and third person with their duties
- Make certain that the Hall-C Alarm Handler process is running. See Hall_C_Alarm_Handler. Note: this is NOT the same as the detector HV system alarm.
- If there are any alarms being ignored or silenced, find out why and enter this in the logbook.
- Log any alarms when they occur.
- Start and stop the DAQ. Record the purpose for every single run in the "Run list" binders. Read fixme to create more blank forms.
- Analysis instructions are given for each experiment's wiki. As of April 3rd, for D(ee,p) use these analysis instructions
- Compare replay histograms with the sample ones and report to shift leader any unexplained differences. Hclog them.
- Fill shift checklist once per shift (for guidance, please see the checklist how-to).
- A copy of the Current Checklist file, which includes help for filling it out, should be available here.