- 1 SIDIS pt experiment E12-09-017 Fall 2018
- 2 SIDIS CSV experiment E12-09-002
- 3 Kaon LT experiment
- 4 Past run plans
- 5 Hall C Links
- 6 Hall C
- 7 Basic Equipment in Hall C
- 7.1 Beamline
- 7.2 SHMS Magnets
- 7.3 Scattering Chamber
- 7.4 SHMS Entrance Window and Vacuum vessel
- 7.5 Target
- 7.6 HMS Magnets and Vacuum Vessel
- 7.7 HMS Detectors
- 7.8 SHMS Detectors
- 7.9 DAQ & Trigger
- 7.10 Controls
- 7.11 Online Replay
- 7.12 Data Analysis
- 7.13 Monte Carlo
- 8 Hall C at 12 GeV
SIDIS pt experiment E12-09-017 Fall 2018
SIDIS CSV experiment E12-09-002
Kaon LT experiment
- Run plans for all energies on RedMine
- KAON-LT specific instructions for Shift Takers (PDF)
- Guidance for SHMS/HMS rotation
- KAON-LT specific intructions
- KAON-LT analysis instructions
- Kaon LT Run List
Kaon-LT Setting Status
10.6 GeV Runplan Overview
PDF file with run plan details: 
- SHMS beam deflection test plan
- Set SHMS to 6.66 degrees, with all magnets ramped to zero
- Jay Benesch will execute his beam deflection test plan
- Shift workers will need to ramp SHMS magnets as directed by Jay (use -8.035 GeV/c settings)
- Beam checkout
- Detector checkout
- Trigger checkout
- Items to be done as soon as possible at 10.6 GeV
- Arc energy measurement
- BCM calibration
- BPM calibration check with superharps
- Calibration Runs (Optics, Heep-check singles and coincidences)
- Q2=3.0, W=2.32, x=0.40, high ε data taking
- Q2=2.1, W=2.95, x=0.21, high ε data taking
- Q2=4.4, W=2.74, x=0.40, high ε data taking
- Q2=3.0, W=3.14, x=0.25, high ε data taking
- Luminosity scan
- Q2=5.5, W=3.02, x=0.40, high ε data taking
- Run Plan for Kaon LT 10.6GeV End Game
Hall C Links
- List of (legacy) Hall-C HowTo Documents
- HCANA doxygen
- Google Search of this Wiki
- Hall C Home Page
- Hall C Logbook
- Document Database (Publically readable view)
- Hall C Calendar (Google)
- Hall C Weekly Meeting minutes
- Previous Experiments
- Other Wikis
- Misc Links:
Hall C is one of four experimental halls at JLab.
Hall C Computing.
Basic Equipment in Hall C
For the Fall 2017 run, see intructions at https://hallcweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/How-to
The formulas and program should be kept in sync with the repository.
- Formulas used for setting current of SHMS magnets during KPP
|HB||Current = 330.05*p - 3.1784*p^2 + 0.4018*p^3|
|Q1||Current = 222.4*p - 7.709*p^2 + 0.6684*p^3|
|Q2||Current = 3661*p/11|
|Q3||Current = 2434*p/11|
|Dipole||Current = 3450*p/11|
- The scattering chamber window on the SHMS side is 0.020 inches thick 2024-T4 aluminum.
SHMS Entrance Window and Vacuum vessel
- The Horizontal Bender entrance window is 0.010 inches thick 2024-T3 aluminum.
- The dipole exit window is 0.020 inches thick 5056 aluminum.
Spring 2017 KKP run
- Word doc describing the targets and their thicknesses. Also available at logbook entry.
- Drawing of target ladder. Also available at JLab document repository.
Fall 2017 run
- Logbook entry on the Fall target configuration which has links to file describing the targets and their thicknesses and a file with the mechanical drawing of the target ladder.
- BeO target was replaced by the "halo" cylinder target. Logbook entry with drawing of "halo" cylinder target.
- Drawing of target ladder with cryo cells and solid target ladder.
- Drawing of cryotarget cell with 2.5inch diameter and 10 cm long (after using insert entrance window). Used for separate LH2 and LD2 cells in ladder.
- Drawing of cryotarget with 1.6 inch diameter for 4cm cell.
- Drawing of cryotarget with 1.6 inch diameter for 10cm cell.
HMS Magnets and Vacuum Vessel
- Drift Chambers
- Heavy Gas Cherenkov
- Noble Gas Cherenkov
- Miscellaneous Information
DAQ & Trigger
- DAQ/Trigger Run Check Lists
- Spring 2018 Commissioning
- Fall 2017 Commissioning
- Hall C DAQ How-tos
- Electronic/Computer Live Time Studies
- High Voltage
- Spectrometer Controls (Use go_cmagnets command)
- HMS and SHMS Collimator Control document.
- Analyzer and other Hall C related software
- Discussion of the HCANA software flow.
- Documentation on the Hall C optics optimization.
- Software task list for summer of 2017.
- Summer 2017 Analysis Workshop
- Agendas for biweekly software meetings.
Hall C at 12 GeV
- Hall C 12 GeV Upgrade Web Page
- SHMS-HMS User Group wiki page with list of board members, charter and table of contacts.
- Listing of newsletters on the SHMS/HMS/12GeV .
- SHMS Mailing List (email@example.com) is the mailing list for sharing information on the SHMS and 12 GeV upgrade in general.
- Index of 12 GeV software related wiki pages. Go to Hall C Software Mailing List (firstname.lastname@example.org) to see the archives from the mailing list or to subscribe to the mailing list.
- Index of SHMS related wiki pages.
- Polarized 3He target in Hall C
- Wiki pages for 12 GeV experiments:
- Polarized WACS
- Azz: Azz Meetings
- E12-10-002 F2/EMC/x>1
- E12-10-003 Deuteron Electro-Disintegration At Very High Missing Momenta
- E12-06-107 Color Transparency Experiment
- A1nd2n A1n and d2n Experiments E12-06-110 and E12-06-121
- SIDIS Run group Experiments E12-09-002 (Charge Symmetry Violation) , E12-09-011 (Kaon factorization) and E12-09-017 (P_t scan of SIDIS)
- Elog for 12GeV Preparations