Pol He-3 Target Motion Reset
Revision as of 15:35, 22 March 2020 by Brads
To reset the hall C target motion, several devices need to be rebooted.
WARNING: After iochc26 boots up, the target will home itself, so you need to mask the FSD first!!
- First, use hcreboot5 to turn off the iochc26 VME crate and leave it off for now (outlet 2).
- Next, use hcreboot6 to reboot
- portservhc26 (outlet 1) and
- the VXM-1 Motor controller (outlet 2).
- Wait 60 seconds for the portserver to boot up.
- Finally, use hcreboot5 to turn iochc26 (outlet 2 again) back on. The IOC will take a few minutes to boot up completely. When it does, the white fields in the alarm handler and Target motion control GUI will go back to their regular colors.
- Click the 'Initialize' button at the top of the Target Motion Control GUI and wait for the process to complete.
- Move to your chosen target position and verify that the 'Encoder Readout (volts)' field matches the setting you expect listed next to the vertical target position bar!