RC Meeting, Wednesday, January 12, 2022
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 10 AM, remote
- Zoom remote connection information:
Join ZoomGov Meeting https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/j/1607100885?pwd=ZFBsRTFsYm5Zb0laZ0tyZXNjcEE0QT09 Meeting ID: 160 710 0885 Passcode: 595071 One tap mobile +16692545252,,1607100885# US (San Jose) +16468287666,,1607100885# US (New York) Dial by your location +1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose) +1 646 828 7666 US (New York) +1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose) +1 551 285 1373 US 833 568 8864 US Toll-free Meeting ID: 160 710 0885 Find your local number: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/u/ab2CekLXgQ
- Fall 2021 Shift Schedule
- PionLT Physics Status
- PionLT Runplans
- Hall-C Controls
- Hall-C Logbook
- MCC White Board
- Note: 7:45, 8 am and 1:30 scheduling meetings have switched to Zoom
- Social distancing requirements back in place as of yesterday. Please maintain a separation of 6 feet during shifts.
Current RC: Dave Gaskell
- Target cooled down yesterday - seems to require more flow to achieve power needed for 70 uA (supply temp higher)
- Will need to adjust alarm limits
- Completed beam/target centering: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3970359
- Significant shift in horizontal position (relative to December values) was needed
- Small residual angle on target (0.25 mrad) both horizontal and vertical. https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3970422
- SHMS Q1 lead flow controller - failed twice last night
- Controlled access this morning to work on it
- 2L18 issues resolved (I think)
- Start production after Controlled Access
Current Run Plan
- Start run with carbon hole check to verify beam/target position - may request adjustment to target ladder after this
- Will start with the HMS at larger angle for carbon hole, to avoid possible rotation issues
- Begin Q2=3.85, W=3.07, low epsilon data taking
- SHMS settings: theta = 5.50 degrees, P=6.538 GeV
- HMS settings: theta = 35.12 degree, P=-1.332 GeV
- Targets = LH2, dummy, LD2
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- The Raster Coil pair Ax and Ay are off.
Raster needs to be at 4x4.Raster gui has been updated - can now request 2x2.
- With LHe alarms it is good to check the cameras for plumes. If no plume and it is below the LO alarm and above LOLO then monitor with a plot and halog the problem.
- With LNitrogen alarms are not that critical. Just need to start monitoring the problem with plot and Halog.
- Vertical beam position on target has changed a little - will ask Dave Meekins to adjust target ladder positions when beam returns
- There is a rotation issue that has come up if moving HMS between 19 to 25 degrees. It usually gets stuck around this range, please be wary of this issue. We will likely skip settings in this range if this drive controller error cannot be solved. For singles it will not be a big deal to skip settings for HMS at those angles. We need a longer access to address this issue.
- The Raster Coil pair Ax and Ay are off
- Diffuser limit at 46uA (Note: is this still valid?)
Crew Chiefs, We have permission to raise the Hall C diffuser raster limit to allow running >46uA to Hall C. This limit is normally imposed when one of the two rasters is not operative. Since the hall was able to double the running raster current to get the same size raster on the target as having both rasters, Keith is allowing us to raise the limit. To get to the setting, open the Hall C diffuser interlocks screen. Go to the bottom right corner and open the Expert screen. Just below and to the right of the FSD bits, raise the "Raster 1 OK Limit" to slightly above the highest current the hall wants to run at. Do not change the Raster 2 limit. Make a log entry with screen shots. Make an ABIL entry, System MPS and an expected removal date of 3 Jan. 2022. Paul
Planned Accesses to the Hall
- Controlled access today for target cooldown
Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes