RC Meeting and Run Plan, Tues, January 21st 2020
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-126.96.36.199 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- Beam was fairly good over the holiday weekend. After the injector work on Monday owl
- Beam turned off to fix IL20 with beam off for DAY shift.
- Moller measurement on Sat morning. Summary
- Andy Kenyon implemented a supplemental nitrogen for the cooling jets. Still using the nitrogen from the cryogenics, but if it drops too low the supplemental will kick in. 
Current Run Plan
- Take NMR every 5-6 hours
- Always take 120Hz of EDTM
- Hall B will do Moller when beam back. They will do measurement with present IHWP and then flip IHWP.
- Trying to determine when the Moller spin dance will happen.
- DOE tour on Thursday at 11 for 15 minutes. Need to go to restricted access. Radcon to start survey at 10am.
- After beam comes back we have two options:
1.If the target polarization is good
- we will continue with the present kinematics with the polarized target. Run plan for high momentum 30 deg polarized helium
2.If the target polarization needs time to increase
- We will do the cross section study with 3He reference cell
- See Run Plan
- This is about 5 hours of 30uA beam
- Will need to cycle magnets to go back to HMS/SHMS at -3.5/-3.4 GeV/c.
- If the target polarization still needs time to increase
- we will do part of the reference cell empty,N2 and H2 running for HMS/SHMS at -3.5/-3.4 GeV/c.
- See RUn plan
- This is about 6 hours of 30uA beam
- Otherwise more data with the polarized target. Run plan for high momentum 30 deg polarized helium
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- The operators have been somewhat careful with our beam orbit locks. Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Ramp rate lock instructions are here and added to checklist
- Temporary Laser instructions can be found here