RC Meeting and Run Plan, Tues, January 21st 2020
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-184.108.40.206 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- Beam was fairly good over the holiday weekend.
- Moller measurement on Sat morning. Summary
- After the injector work on Monday owl, the beam was excellent.
- Beam turned off to fix IL20 with beam off for DAY shift.
- Beam restore may take a while given Hot spots
Current Run Plan
- Take NMR every 5-6 hours
- Always take 120Hz of EDTM
- Start out with target angle at 90 deg. 24 hours of data. 12 hours for each IHWP.
- Moller spin dance Wed at 8-12.
- DOE tour on Thursday at 11 for 15 minutes. Need to go to restricted access. Radcon to start survey at 10am.
- When beam returns, contact RC. Do short beam checkout (checkout beam on the YAG and
harp scans). Check that orbits locks on and beam positions are at nominal. Do not need to do carbon hole.
- After beam comes back we have two options:
1.If the target polarization is good
- we will continue with the present kinematics with the polarized target. Run plan for high momentum 30 deg polarized helium
2.If the target polarization needs time to increase
- We will do the cross section study with 3He reference cell
- See Run Plan
- This is about 5 hours of 30uA beam
- Will need to cycle magnets to go back to HMS/SHMS at -3.5/-3.4 GeV/c.
- If the target polarization still needs time to increase
- we will do part of the reference cell empty,N2 and H2 running for HMS/SHMS at -3.5/-3.4 GeV/c.
- See RUn plan
- This is about 6 hours of 30uA beam
- Otherwise more data with the polarized target. Run plan for high momentum 30 deg polarized helium
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- The operators have been somewhat careful with our beam orbit locks. Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Ramp rate lock instructions are here and added to checklist
- Temporary Laser instructions can be found here