RC Meeting and Run Plan, Wed, January 15th 2020
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-220.127.116.11 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- Finished 1 pass at around 3:20am.
- Target changeover to 5pass.
- TO class on Thursday in the Hall C counting room from 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm.
Current Run Plan
- Tuesday: 1-pass data with longitudinal asymmetries (https://hallcweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/1-pass_calibration_for_A1n_(Jan_2020) ).
- Wednesday: Finish taking asymmetries data. Open the target enclosure, remove collimators, do a local EPR and close the panels. Transition to 5-pass. The run plan is here: (https://hallcweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/5-pass_production_for_A1n ).
- Beam checkout
- Rate study with Ref 3He Cell: 2 hours at high momentum setting, 2 hours at the low momentum setting.
- Can do beam energy measurement, meanwhile we cycle the magnet to high momentum setting
- Either: Vent the 3He from Ref Cell, take Empty, H2 and N2 (1-2 hours each) OR Polarized 3He longitudinal production, until Moller measurement Thursday Day.
- Thursday: TO class + Moller measurement.
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- The operators have been somewhat careful with our beam orbit locks. Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Ramp rate lock instructions are here and added to checklist
- Temporary Laser instructions can be found here 
Ongoing Work in the Hall
Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes
- Keep target expert schedule filled out on whiteboard