Run plan/To do list - Tuesday, December 19 2017 - day shift
Revision as of 17:33, 18 December 2017 by Gaskelld (Created page with "== Notices == # SHMS DIPOLE MAX CURRENT IS 2100 A # Do not rotate either SHMS or HMS if the HMS dipole current is above 2500 A # The SHMS angle is currently 7.5 degrees. ONLY...")
- SHMS DIPOLE MAX CURRENT IS 2100 A
- Do not rotate either SHMS or HMS if the HMS dipole current is above 2500 A
- The SHMS angle is currently 7.5 degrees. ONLY ROTATE TO LARGER ANGLES.
- Once we have rotated to larger angle, the minimum angle will be 10 degrees.
- Smaller SHMS angles will require an access and assistance from Steve Lassiter/Mike Fowler
- Nominal beam positions (for now): x=-1.0, y=-0.75 at IPM3H07C
- Be sure to fill out the beam time accounting - edit the form as necessary. The values "auto-filled" from EPICS are not always accurate.
Controlled access at 8:30 for target cooldown Continue owl shift program as needed: Check SHMS tune with carbon elastics at 7.5 degrees. Take data in HMS "parasitically" to check scintillator and PID thresholds in trigger.
- SHMS carbon elastics at 7.5 degrees - will check/establish SHMS tune
SHMS settings: P=2.214 GeV, Theta=7.45 degrees
- HMS threshold scan
HMS settings: P=1.0 geV, Theta=14.01 degrees
Take 15 minutes runs at 10 muA with HMS Hodoscopes discriminator thresholds at: 30 mV, 20 mV, 40 mV and 50 mV. (Expert: Simona M.)
Take 30 minutes runs at 10 muA with various thresholds for the CER and PRESHOWER PID legs of the trigger (Expert: Eric P.) aa) Cherenkov Threshold: 40, 30 and then optimize bb) PrSh Lo: 40, 30 and then optimize cc) PrHi: 60, 40, 30(?) dd) ShLo: 40, 30