Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- 1 Meeting Information
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Minutes
- 3.1 General
- 3.2 Miscellaneous
- 3.3 Beam Line
- 3.4 Trigger/DAQ
- 3.5 HMS
- 3.6 SHMS
- Location CC L210A, 11 am
Blue Jeans Connection Information
- Just want to dial in on your phone?
- +1.408.740.7256 (US)
- +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
- +1.408.317.9253 (Alternate number)
- Enter Meeting ID: 895800575
- Press #
- Commissioning plan updates from detector systems
- Status update from detector owners, calibrations, efficiencies, etc.
- Review systems owners and update information
- Address system specific points of interest for the Fall 2017 run
Dave Gaskell commented: The SHMS Heavy Gas CHerenkov did not behave as expected during KPP, so we are considering re-installing the Noble Gas cerenkov after the optics commissioning. Will discuss with other spokespersons and optics experts.
The HMS/SHMS 6 trigger input on the TI has been configured to include multiple pre-triggers simultaneously.
6 GeV Drift Chambers
12 GeV Drift Chambers
- DC1 and DC2 Wire maps at operational high voltages shows the presence of hot wires (adjacent wires to the hot wires are also affected). Some channels are also missing in both chambers.
- Efficiency studies shows how the efficiency improves with increasing high voltages.
- Chambers DC1 ,DC2 are currently being conditioned by running them at 'normal' high voltage to try to get rid off (burn) any impurities that might be inside the chambers
- So far, chamber conditioning has not resolve the issues of hot wires being present, so they will need to be opened as soon as possible.
Heavy Gas Cherenkov
There is a High Voltage issue with the GEM. There are current trips at high voltages. See Link. *https://hallcweb.jlab.org/DocDB/0008/000894/001/GEM_HV_issue.pdf