- 1 The SANE Experiment
- 2 Analysis Meeting
- 3 Analysis
- 4 Experiment Status: Run ended on 3/16/09
- 5 Safety Documentation / Shift Crew Information / Expert Contacts
- 6 Run Plans/Run Info
- 7 Polarized Target
- 8 Detectors and software
- 9 Beamline
- 10 Meetings & Conference Info
- 11 Presentations and Documents
- 12 Installation Info
- 13 Collaborators Webpages
- 14 Notes
The SANE Experiment
- Spin Asymmetries of the Nucleon Experiment: an A rated experiment on the proton spin structure, took data in Spring 2009.
- The SANE webpage.
- Collaboration Membership(PDF format) (Names and affiliations as of end of run).
- Spokesmen: S.Choi , M. Jones, Z.-E. Meziani and O. Rondon (contact person).
- A SANE collaboration mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) has been setup to send information about the experiment to the collaboration. Archive of the mailing list exists. Only the spokespersons and run coordinators will be able to send email to this list. The present ( as of Sept 16, 2008) list of email addresses. If you wish to join then send email to email@example.com with " subscribe sane" in the body of the email.
- A SANE analysis mailing list has been setup (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be a smaller list for discussing SANE. Archive of the mailing list exists. For this list everyone can send messages. The present ( as of Sept 16, 2008) list of email addresses. If you wish to join then send email to email@example.com with " subscribe sane-analysis" in the body of the email.
- Proposal to PAC24 (ps.gz)
- HOW-TO use the SANEwiki.
The regular SANE analysis meeting will be Wednesday at 3:30 in F326/327.
- Attn. collaborators: If you are presenting a talk, please edit the agenda to link to your talk prior to the start of the meeting.
- Connect by VNC to the UVa twist computer ( send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for password).
GIZMO conference has been discontinued. To connect, use JLab conference instead:
The JLab conference phone number is
US: 1-866-740-1260 and the access code is 1150811#.
Overseas: 1-303-248-0285, same code.
- Link to Agendas for Analysis Group Meetings
Updated run summary: Raw and run quality, computer dead time corrected data hours collected:
- There is a communal replay on octavian along with replayed runs and the log files from these runs. You can find information about that at this link here.
Experiment Status: Run ended on 3/16/09
+++ COMPLETED +++
-- 5.9 GeV beam energy - target magnetic field at 80 degrees to the left of the beam
Collected data: approx. 143 h proposal hours (72% of goal)
Data collection efficiency: 35%
Proposal data for this configuration: 200 h
-- 4.7 GeV - 80 degrees
Collected data: approx. 98 proposal hours (75% of goal)
(in two periods: from 1/30/09 to 2/8/09 6:00 AM and 2/26/09 to 3/4/09 6:00 AM).
Data collection efficiency: 30%
Proposal data for this configuration: 130 h
-- 5.9 GeV beam energy - target magnetic field at 180 degrees relative to the beam
Collected data: approx. 37 proposal hours (37% of goal)
Proposal data for this configuration: 100 h
Setting ended prematurely on 3/9/9 due to failure of CEBAF North Linac module 1L04
-- 4.7 GeV - 80 degrees
Collected data: approx. 29 proposal hours (42% of goal)
Proposal data for this configuration: 70 h
Data taken with 5-pass beam at 66% beam polarization (0.77 of proposal FOM)
-- Overall efficiency: 33% (from 1/30/09 day to 3/16/09 owl shift)
Summary table 3/16/09 (Superseded, see below:)
Updated run summary: Raw and run quality, computer dead time corrected data hours collected (pdf)
<Beam polarization>: 75%; <Target polarization>: 75%; <Beam current>: 85 nA
(Projections as of 3/6/9 are available here)
Safety Documentation / Shift Crew Information / Expert Contacts
[FILL RUN SHEET FORM TO ALL Shift Leaders]
- Shift Leader Responsibility (Required reading)
- Shift Worker Responsibility (Required reading)
- Target Shift Duties (Required reading)
- Authorized Access List for Hall C in Controlled Access is HERE
Shifts Schedule - Sign-up page
Run Coordinator's cell phone 876-1791
Run Plans/Run Info
- Updated mySQL files that can be searched using any mySQL installation.
- Elastic calibration runs 2008 database in OpenOffice spreadsheet format sane08_CH2.ods
- 2009 Run Database in dbf format all_runs_4a.dbf
- OpenOffice database (all 2008 runs) OpenOffice odb
Polarized Target Logbook
Detectors and software
- InSANE - C++ analysis by Whit
- Geant3 BETA
- Gas Cherenkov Detector
- Lucite Hodoscope
- Forward Tracker
- Radiative Corrections Summary
- Sane Analyzer
- Sane analyzer and replay CVS checkout information
- Replaying with the batch farm
- Using syncfilter
- Short write up (postscript file) on how the Analyzer reads in the raw CODA data.
- SANE Raw Ntuple Variable Description New Please Contribute
- SANE Physics Ntuple Variable Description New Please Contribute
- Scaler information. BCM calibration.
- EPICS information
- Beam Position Studies
- Table of TRIGGER definitions. Table in another format: Triggers.
- Reconstruction of target quantities in Analyzer and MC with polarized target magnet field
- Short write up on the BigCal coordinate system.
- Elastic Calibration of BigCal
- Test Run Log rearranged
- Big Cal's PMTs and the Target Field: a tech note J. Mulholland
- Background simulation results
- Pairs background P. Bosted
- Phi* and theta* angles for asymmetry calculations O. Rondon
- Beam in Engine (Summary of RSS beam coordinate systems (mostly valid for SANE too))
- BigCal Elastic Calibration of real runs
- TRACKER SOFTWARE VARIABLES C. Butuceanu
- SLAC shower counter cluster reconstruction (from S. Incerti's E154 thesis)
- Upstream Beam Line
- Chicane settings OpenOffice spreadsheet - use with caution pdf table
- Beam Line Shielding
- Slow Raster
- Moller Polarimeter
- Beamline for SANE
Meetings & Conference Info
- HOW-TO participate remotely in SANE meetings.
- Agendas for Collaboration Meetings
- Agendas for Working Group Meetings
- Agendas for Software Group Meetings
- Agendas for Analysis Group Meetings
Conferences with talk opportunities on SANE
Materials (plots, tables) for SANE talks
Presentations and Documents
- Cerenkov NIM Paper: Armstrong, Choi, Kaczanowicz, Lukhanin, Meziani, and Sawatzky
- gitlab group for writing
- Draft of <math>SANE ~ HMS ~ resonances</math> paper H. Kang et al.
- Draft long paper PRC draft
- The extraction of the spin structure function, g2 (and g1) at low Bjorken x, Luwani Ndukum
- Measurement of the proton A1 and A2 spin asymmetries: Probing Color Forces, Whitney Armstrong
- Study of Double Spin Asymmetries in Inclusive ep Scattering at Jefferson Lab, Hoyoung Kang
- Proton form factor ratio, μpGPE/GPM from double spin asymmetry, Anusha Liyanage
- SANE's Measurement of the Proton's Virtual Photon Spin Asymmetry, A^p_1, at Large Bjorken x, Jonathan Mulholland
- Probing Proton Spin Structure: A Measurement of g2p at Four-momentum Transfer of 2 to 6 GeV^2, James Maxwell
- Oscar Rondon
- Karl Slifer
- Whit Armstrong
- James Maxwell
- Mark Jones
- Hoyoung Kang
- Jonathan Mulholland
- Info on Octavian, where to find replayed runs, and some analysis info.
- Anusha Liyanage
- Narbe Kalantarians
- Cole Smith
- Hovhannes Baghdasaryan
- Luwani Z. Ndukum
- Jixie Zhang
- John German
- Thanks to Steve Wood for installing this wiki for SANE.
- Questions/Comments to wikisysop