Charge Feedback Parity DAQ
The Charge Asymmetry Feedback system is controlled by the Hall A Parity DAQ.
When Hall A is in production mode, the Hall A shift crew will manage the Parity DAQ and control feedback for both Hall A and Hall C beams.
If the Hall A Counting House is not staffed, then Hall C must negotiate with the Parity group to ensure that the Parity DAQ is still running.
- This must be running for all 3He production data! (And should be running in general.)
- The state of this system is monitored in the Hall C alarm handler, and can be overseen by the Hall C Shift crew using the stripchart on the left large wall display (see below).
- Parity DAQ Running - with Hall C Feedback passively running (Aug 02, 2020 HClog entry)
- Bring up this vnc session using
go_parity_feedbackunder the cdaq account.
- Hall C running parity DAQ for charge feedback (Feb 12, 2020 HCLog entry) -- OLD, just for reference.
Useful Commands (on cdaq machines)
go_parityInjector parity settings (IHWP status, Hall Laser IA settings, etc)
go_parity_feedbackBring up the Parity DAQ charge feedback VNC session (if Hall C is running alone; see below)
go_Qasym_stripchartBring up the Hall C Charge Asym monitoring stripcharts (these should always be up on the big wall screens)
Procedure to run the flipper script (from the Hall A VNC session)
- This script needs to be run when the IHWP state changes and Hall A is not controlling our feedback.
- Call Hall B at least 30 minutes before flipping to give them a heads up.
- When ready to flip:
- stop the CODA run for the parity DAQ (VNC open on HCDesk2 workspace 2).
- Then call Hall B again to let them know the flip is about to start.
- Then call MCC and ask them to flip the IHWP.
- Confirm the IHWP has been flipped.
Open (or locate) a terminal in the VNC session from above (VNC open on HCDesk2 workspace 2). It should be running as apar@adaq2.
./FlipPCvaluesHallCYou should see the hallc_IACell_setting variable change on the wall
- start a run (parity daq)
- Make an HCLOG entry
- Log entry with some extra information on restarting the processes if the IA Cell stops updating: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3852609
- Bill Henry (Hall C)
- Cameron Clarke (Hall A)
- Caryn Palatchi (Hall A)