December 1, 2022
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 11:00 (am) via Zoom and in person in the counting house meeting room (2nd floor)
- Zoom remote connection information:
Join ZoomGov Meeting https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/j/1607100885?pwd=ZFBsRTFsYm5Zb0laZ0tyZXNjcEE0QT09 Meeting ID: 160 710 0885 Passcode: 595071 One tap mobile +16692545252,,1607100885# US (San Jose) +16468287666,,1607100885# US (New York) Dial by your location +1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose) +1 646 828 7666 US (New York) +1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose) +1 551 285 1373 US 833 568 8864 US Toll-free Meeting ID: 160 710 0885 Find your local number: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/u/ab2CekLXgQ
- Still in Restricted access
- Target Cool down is in process
- Rough estimate ~6 - 8 pm to finish the cool down (but Dave pointed out that this is a very rough estimate)
- Update, things are going well. Likely closer to 3 or 4 pm!
- Handrails around pivot need to be removed and then spectrometer motion enabled (Thanks Burcu!)
- Techs can remove the handrail and Steve L. can enable spectrometer motion
- Spoke with Steve and will keep him updated in regards to the timeline
- Magnet power supplies need to be turned on in the hall
- Target Operational limits need to be updated (Dave Meekins after cool down?)
- Need "guard" for hall sweep when transition to Power/Beam permit
- Move SHMS to 8.00 degrees
- SHMS momentum to -9.2 GeV
- Move HMS to 20.00 degree
- HMS momentum to +3.40 GeV (Positron running)
- Beam and Target Checkout procedure: https://hallcweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/Beam_Checkout_Procedures
- Beam checkout
- Turn on all hodoscope and preshower HV
- Harp scans --- 5 uA beam, Empty target
- Position checkout
- 5-10 uA cw with AL hole
- 2x2 raster
- After Beam and target checkout
- Turn of SHMS S1x (1-7) and S2x (1-7) left and right hodoscope paddles
- 4.15.2 Setting 1 ---- Swing Shift
- SHMS rotation to 8 deg: Rotating SHMS below 8 deg will trip the limit switch. Start with putting 8.1 or 8.2 deg on the rotation GUI to see the angle offset first then correct for it.
- HMS rotation to 20 deg: There is an increased chance that the rotation will get "stuck" and require expert intervention.
- When rotating to 20 degrees from smaller HMS angle, it is ok to go directly to 20 degrees.
- When rotating to 20 degrees from larger angle, first rotate to 19 degrees, and then to 20 degrees.
- SHMS DAQ work during the Christmas break by Bob Michaels?
- Begin production data on target ladder 2