Drawings of SHMS magnets
- Latest drawings (From Mike Fowler on Sept 2012).
- Side view drawing of the SHMS Q3 and Dipole with distances for a vertical offset of 26cm between the center of Q3 and the dipole. Included in the figure are the distances from the focal point to the detectors (note that the distance to the Preshower calorimeter should be 2926.4mm instead of 2920.0mm that are in the figure. The vacuum coupling at the entrance of the dipole is not correct (see detailed drawing for correct measurements).
- Detailed drawing of distances for Q3 and dipole with the correct drawing of the vacuum coupling at the dipole entrance. Annotated version of drawing.
- [Summary table ] of the SHMS magnets field properties. From Steve Lassiter file magnet_summary.doc on Sept 9th 2011.
- Dipole apertures used in the MC model: The following figures describe how to calculate the parameters required to describe the dipole apertures in the MC. The dipole effective length is divided into 8 equal segments and the aperture center and inclinations are calculated at each of these segments. The inclinations angles are shown in angles, and the drift distances and offsets of the center of the aperture with respect to the central trajectory are shown in table of offsets (20 cm drop) and (26 cm drop)
- Old drawings (From Mike Fowler on Sept 12th, 2011)
- [Side view drawing ] of the SHMS Q3 and Dipole with distances for a vertical offset of 20cm between the center of Q3 and the dipole. The far left cross hair in the drawing is the x_hut=y_hut=z_hut=0 point from which the detector positions are measured in the hut. The distance from the dipole center to the "zero" point projected perpendicular to the mechanical center axis of the dipole is 3.65m as shown on an annotated drawing with the calculation. [Plot] of detector distances from the "zero" point. (From Mike Fowler on Sept 12th, 2011)
- [Drawing ] with measurements of the dipole entrance flange. [3d picture ] of the dipole entrance.
- Drawing of the proposed change to widen the horizontal gap in HB to 23cm instead of 20.75cm (by Mike Fowler on Sept 28th, 2011).
- Horizontal bender magnet dimensions (Mike Fowler on Sept 12th, 2011): [Top view] , [3-D view]
- Views of the H bender from 2010, top view, top view at the smallest spectrometer angle, front face view, side view, side sectional view, top sectional view, view of aperture