RC Meeting, Monday, October 18 , 2021
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 10 am, remote connection link: https://bluejeans.com/861439920
- Significant down time Friday swing into Saturday owl. After recovery (5:30 am Saturday), very efficient beam delivery the rest of the weekend.
- Pass change this morning (Hall A to 2 pass, Hall B to 1 pass)
- Maintenance day Wednesday
- Another pass change on Friday (4 pass)
Hall C Status
- So far we have collected about 3171 pions (as of 7:30 am) in this configuration
- Issues with bender LHe level Friday swing and Saturday owl - cryo adjustments seemed to mitigate for the rest of the weekend. Escorted Controlled Access (Heidi) to assess issue.
Current Run Plan
- Continue data taking until early Nov
- Escorted Controlled access Monday
- Longer access Wednesday
- Strange issue with HV controls (SHMS 2Y11- powers off when bringing up the group) . Doesn't seem to happen with new HV gui: Update: this issues seems to have gone away
- Replace flow switches for (HMS?) magnet power supplies: next opportunistic access (Joe Beaufait) ( PENDING )
- The HB has seen some fluctuations in the LHe levels. At the next opportunistic access Heidi would like to investigate the cryo line. ( PENDING )
- Heidi believes this is related to a vacuum issue and the access is for diagnostic purposes only. Can be escorted during regular office hours (do not call her in at midnight for this)
- If indeed it proves to be the case the only remedy would be to warm up the magnet and pump the region (which would be a multiple day operation)
- Water flow to the dump aperture needs to be replaced: needs 4+h and Steve Suhring believes that it can wait until the SAD ( PENDING )
- Target ladder camera was identified to be bad: Joe Beaufait will purchase a replacement in the next funding cycle ( PENDING )
- Still need to follow-up with Joe about when the purchase can be done.
- Still running with no UPS on the SHMS cryo controls - Steve L. will put in PR for batteries and UPS. Wants to inspect existing system at next opportunity. ( PENDING )
- HCCAM02 not functioning (lift required to replace).