RC Meeting, Thursday, September 10, 2021
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meeting at 16:30, (remote)
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-18.104.22.168 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- Taking the beam we can get!
Current Run Plan
- Finished the the LH2 and dummy target runs for the first part of the first setting
- Tweaks to the analysis have cleaned things up a bit, we can cut on the coin time and get a nice MM spectrum, various detector calibrations need fixing
- The hodoscope particularly needs work
- See here for some nice plots!
- Running LD2, unfortunately, need to redo an hour or so of data (see Hall status)
- If things go well, we will need to rotate either late Owl or early Day tomorrow
- An extremely optimistic scenario is late Swing, early Owl today
Planned Accesses to the Hall
- Joe B and Larry both requested an access when possible
- See Hall Status, will drop to controlled during Hall D setup
- Scheduled to start Monday 06:00 - Let me know if you can do your work with an escorted access or not
- Very smooth through most of swing yesterday, issue with the north linac took us down from ~ 22:00 to 00:30
- Beam a little trippy overnight, OK so far today
- CODA a little unstable - rates too high
- For Physics settings, reduce the beam current, do not change the coin prescale (PS5) from 0
- COIN rates on the LD2 are extremely high, this is what prompted the Owl shift workers to try adjusting the prescales (they were seeing enormous deadtimes and rates - ~ 7kHz un-prescaled coin rate at 70 uA)
- This will only get worse at smaller angles
- Beam trips causing an alarm when running with LD2 - related to the fan?
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Please read safety documentation (https://hallcweb.jlab.org/safety-docs/Fall2021/) and sign in the "yellow binder" in the Counting House (when it is there)
Plans going forward
- BCM calibrations, do over the weekend?
- Arc energy measurement, over the weekend if possible
- Bullseye scan