RC Meeting and Run Plan, Friday, December 6th 2019
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-22.214.171.124 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Make sure beam-size is between 100-500um sigma.
- Still many TO day/swing shifts available! You don't need TO training, and will be guided on-site by the target experts!
- Magnet policies
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- Helium leak in Moller warm return, (Dave Gaskell) 
- Warmup completed and hose replaced, will do full cooldown on Monday 
- Maybe ready for spin-dance on Tuesday
- ?PD asked: can we "guarantee" to participate if spin-dance on Wednesday?
- Timing cuts and pre-run calibration (Eric, ongoing)
- HMS/SHMS rotation:
- rotated to 20 degrees and parked, will need access to go to 30 degrees
- rotation can be certified only after work on pivot completed (next week)
- Target Status
- ?Q: beam orbit lock procedure?
- ?Target names in target GUI and MCC consistent?
- Can we use "carbon foil", "holy carbon" and "optics target" or do we need to be more specific when communicating with MCC?
- Needed for startup/beam authorization
- Beamline checklist (Gaskell, DONE)
- Tech checklist (Walter, in the loop)
- Detector checklist (Brad)
- Target checklist (JP)
- ERR signature from Patricia and Ed
- Radcon checklist
- Min raster current for 1-2 pass set to 0, so don't need FSD mask.
- Will use only single set of raster coils for 1-2 pass running to mitigate coil sync issue
- Operational restrictions on targets set as decided in yesterday 
- Verified with experts that Be+Al windows are setup correctly (as required by safety and used for previous experiments).
- HMS/SHMS Magnets
- Approximate Unser calibration available, good to go for non-intrusive BCM scan 
- Timing cuts and pre-run calibration (Eric)
Run Plan and Scheduling
- Target work going on during day today (JP/Todd/Simon/Ethan) to setup controls and finish alignment
- Finish target work tonight
- If good-to-go, inform Walter tomorrow at 7:00am that we need techs to help close up
- Should be ready for beam by SWING Saturday at 2-pass
- If target not ready/no beam authorization, try for Sunday, else Monday
- Saturday DAY shift workers can assist with final hall work if needed
- Participate in Spin Dance if possible (5-pass)
Startup run plan through weekend/Monday
- Establish beam (~1-2 days) (empty target and carbon-hole)
- Commission spectrometers (C-hole and/or 7-foil optics target)
- Do 2-pass optics (1-2 shifts) (7-fold optics target)
- Commission target (PolHe3 target)
- Tentative 2-pass run plan 
- Please be gentle with our target :-)