RC Meeting and Run Plan, Friday, February 15
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:30 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-188.8.131.52 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- Jack, Ethan, Steve and Joe hooked up HMS Q2 power supply up to the magnet. It reached 600 A (we need 513A for first setting). Then need a long soak at some high current setting (which we will do while we run for now).
- Ran C, LD2, Al dummy, LH2 targets for x>1 last night. Almost there, just needs to run other nuclear targets in the future.
- DAQ needs to be swapped back to coincidence.
- Need to think about optics/verification of Q2 at each setting (maybe off a couple amps....)
- Summary of runs from last night:
1) x>1 LD2, Ep = -9.8, theta = 13.1 deg: run 7197, 7198, 7202-7205, 7207-7209
2) x>1 LH2, Ep = -9.8, theta = 13.1 deg: run 7210
3) x>1 Al, Ep=-9.8, theta = 13.1 deg: run 7201
4) x>1 1.5% C, Ep=-9.8, theta = 13.1 deg: runs 7199, 7200, 7206
Current Run Plan
- Backup run plan: F2 positron running
- Keep ELCLEAN rate <5 kHz
- TO will need to adjust the cryo load between LH2 and LD2!
- Use the F2 tune to set the magnets: go_magnets_SHMS_F2
1) 33 deg, Ep = +1.7 GeV , elclean statistics = 10 K on each target: LH2, LD2, Al dummy
2) 33 deg, Ep = +2.6 GeV , elclean statistics = 8 K on each target: LH2, LD2, Al dummy
3) 25 deg, Ep = + 3 Gev, elclean statistics = 3 K on each target: LH2, LD2, Al dummy
- If there is time, take more statistics!
- Sylvester's negative half of J/psi 
--> run at the last block of kinematics under "Setting scan" - 15 min per kinematic setting
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- DO NOT RAMP HMS Q2 to 0!!!!!!!!! If it reaches 10A, just turn it off. Let the magnet settle for about 5 minutes at the set current before changing it.
- We have no control over polarity for HMS magnets now. They don't have meaning in the GUI, either. It is currently set for positron/proton running (Q1-, Q2+ on hall probes)
- If rotation cannot be Reset, call the RC, then call Ops for an escorted/controlled access.
- Shift Checklists need to be done for every shift!
Planned Accesses to the Hall
- Restricted Access all day to work on HMS Q2 power supply.