RC Meeting and Run Plan, Monday, December 9th 2019
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-188.8.131.52 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- Residual target work in Hall
- spectrometer windows contaminated so covered. Don't forget to uncover tomorrow morning (needs RadCon support)
- Accelerator down due to vacuum issue in north linac. PD said it will be until tomorrow morning at least.
- Reference cell leak fix in place
- Cannot see beam in 24 hours
- issues with operational restrictions during BCM calibration. Decided to punt. Need to do at different time.
- Moller ready for commissioning
- Tear in aluminum cover of downstream beampipe fixed
- Issues in hall with ion pump and Compton slowed down beam setup
- ?Can we add Compton to our beamline checklist?
- HMS Quads were set to wrong polarity - Steve Lassiter fixed this morning
- Target alarm chip masked in FSD when beam on. This could have been really bad and should not have been possible at all. Maybe cause of tear in aluminum cover.
Run Plan and Scheduling
- 2-pass beam checkout done
- Bull's eye scan done
- Critical 2-pass optics completed but for SHMS only, HMS magnets setup incorrectly. May not be needed anyway.
- Setup 5-pass beam for Spin Dance when accelerator back
- Commission Moller
- De-focused run to do SHMS calorimeter calibration and optimize gain matching
- ...If accelerator really up in the morning
- Please be gentle with our target :-)