RC Meeting and Run Plan, Monday, February 18
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:30 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-22.214.171.124 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- Ran x>1 nuclear targets last night. Beam was not spectacular. Able to get about 3k (out of desired 5k) stats on each target.
- Went to Restricted Access at 10am to continue work on the HMS Q2 power supply.
- Target training tomorrow at 3:30pm with Jian-Ping for those who need it.
Current Run Plan
- J/Psi Experiment:
- Production Phase 1: high-E/low-t
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Target Operators: When the alarm handler goes white, it is disconnected from the IOC. Log it and include firstname.lastname@example.org every time. Acknowledge the warning. If it is still white and not coming back, restart the alarm handler. Do not permanently silence the alarm handler.
- Missing Reference Times during the replay: check in the 50k. Check in full replay, if able. If it happens, call RC. Guidance to solve it is here: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3654584
- HMS Q2: Do not ramp to 0 (if it reaches 10A, just turn it off). Let the magnet settle at a current for about 5 minutes before changing it. The read back current box does not work. The current listed above it is the most useful indication that it is on.
- We have no control over polarity for HMS magnets now. They don't have meaning in the GUI, either. It is currently set for positron/proton running (Q1-, Q2+ on hall probes)
- If rotation cannot be Reset, call the RC, then call Ops for an escorted/controlled access.
- SHMS vacuum gauge read back in the counting house is wrong. Walter verified SHMS vacuum is currently fine.
Planned Accesses to the Hall
- Continued work on HMS Q2.
- Back flush other magnets in the Hall tomorrow during RF recovery.
- Restricted Access during Day Shift tomorrow.
- Re-attach wooden floor stop around 57deg (HMS side)