RC Meeting and Run Plan, Monday, January 7th 2020
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-188.8.131.52 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- Spot size changed and spin up measurements conducted last night. Not much of a difference in terms of the polarization. Still not satisfactory! Perhaps the phase difference isn't calculated correctly? Need additional insights to debug this problem.
- Raytum people are here and they will look into polishing the transverse laser fiber and also the EPR fiber bundle cable.
- NMR legs have been machined and are ready to be installed. 2 BNC cables need to be made and attached to these coils.
Current Run Plan
- Tuesday: Do polarization measurements in the transverse direction. If there is a difference between transverse and longitudinal measurements, then the compensation lenses might be the issue? If not the laser polarization? Continue brainstorming..
- Wednesday: Do spin up measurements after the fibers are repaired and installed. Check target ladder alignment.
- Thursday (?): Close up the enclosure. Start taking 1-pass data for two days with the same settings as in December.
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- The operators have been somewhat careful with our beam orbit locks. Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Ramp rate lock instructions are here and added to checklist
- Temporary Laser instructions can be found here 
- Polarimetry debugging in progress
Ongoing Work in the Hall
Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes
- Keep target expert schedule filled out on whiteboard