RC Meeting and Run Plan, Thursday, December 12th 2019
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-22.214.171.124 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- RC Daily Update 
- Moller Commisioning currently underway
- Ramp Lock done during DAY
- New Moller Optics tested this morning. Spot size improved
- Both spectrometers at 30 degrees/2GeV; SHMS configured with defocussed optics (Q2 set +20%)
Current Run Plan
- Daily Run Plan and Run Status
- First: Spin Dance until done (tomorrow)
- Next: commission and debug target polarity to be ready for 1-pass on Sunday DAY
- Next: Target Work Saturday (8am-3pm)
- Commission Moller (Dave Gaskell)
- Access for raster and "easy" target work
- Ion Calibration for the reference cell
- N2 Reference Cell Runs
- MCC wants to do Load Test (30 uA to Hall C)
- Insert target cell into pick-up coil position, measure polarization
- Spin Dance during DAY (Dave Gaskell)
- RF recovery ??
- Reference cell N2 program
- Be permissive of access as needed to debug target
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- There is no lock available for the ramp rate. This will be fixed Friday morning. Until then, request a more conservative 0.5uA/s ramp rate and carefully monitor.
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- The operators have been somewhat careful with our beam orbit locks. Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Raster "breathing" visible on BPM  (not really an issue, just a set of interesting plots).
- New alarms:
- SHMS PID trigger tresholds as determined by Simona in Summer were found to be working perfectly for this run as well 
Planned Access to the Hall
- Re-configure carbon foil target Saturday DAY?
- Needs coordination with RadCon and Techs. Keep in mind Techs only can work ~8am-3pm. Target foils may require RadWorker 2 (hopefully they won't). Need to start as early as possible.
- Work on Laser RTD #4 (Murchhana & Mingyu, ~1h)
- Debug EPR setup (Melanie)
- Check coil polarities
- Replace bunker fan
- Check half-way plate status in laser box
Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes
- Pass-change to 1-pass on Sunday 12/14 DAY
- Pass-change to 5-pass on Wednesday 12/17 DAY
- End-of-run (Holiday Break) Friday 12/20
- Re-startup on 01/10/2020
- Please be careful with our target :-)