RC Meeting and Run Plan, Tuesday December 19th 2019
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-220.127.116.11 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
Yesterday's Run Plan
Wednesday Swing + Thursday Owl shifts:
- Elastics data taken on reference cell filled with N2, H2, empty and finally He3. Online analysis plots available for the elastics data taken yesterday.
- N2, H2, He3 pressure curves runs data taken
- BCM calibration (+ parasitic MOLLER run) data taken
- Could not perform the energy measurement due to arc2 energy lock limitations.
- Beam charge asymmetry measurements performed. "Flipper" script ran after HWP retraction.
- Data taken on Brianna!!
- longitudinal asymmetries (1 hr DAQ running time)
- Delta resonance asymmetry run (2 hrs with HWP + 2 hrs w/ HWP)
Target related work:
- Cooling jets flow rate increased as they indicated temporary instability
- Polarimetry debugging
- NMR -- Target field rotated by 180 to checkout polarization. NMR performed at regular intervals. Shows some polarization that needs to be understood.
- EPR -- working but noisy
- pNMR -- turned off to be debugged later
HMS + SHMS
- Paddles that need to be turned off optimized to look at elastic peak.
Current Run Plan
Thursday -->Day shift (+ Swing + Owl):
- Spectrometer rotation from 11.7 to 8.5 SHMS - done
- Energy measurement - done
- MOLLER setup - in progress
- Optics delta scan runs with carbon foils (Jones et al will do it in the evening)
- Back to He3 longitudinal asymmetry measurements till 8:00 AM.
- Perform NMR at regular intervals
- Day by Day Options 
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- The operators have been somewhat careful with our beam orbit locks. Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Ramp rate lock instructions are here and added to checklist
- Temporary Laser instructions can be found here 
- Polarimetry debugging in progress
Ongoing Work in the Hall
Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes
- Keep target expert schedule filled out on whiteboard