RC Meeting and Run Plan, Wed, January 15th 2020
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-18.104.22.168 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
- Finished 1 pass at around 3:20am.
- Target changeover to 5pass.
- TO class on Thursday in the Hall C counting room from 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm.
Current Run Plan
- Beam checkout Short procedure
- Want beam sigma between 100-300um.
- Checked with Jay. Promised 250-500um.
- Glass cell Commissioning (1 hr each on two glass cells):[https://hallcweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/5-pass_production_for_A1n#Glass_Cell_Current_Scan.2FCheckout_and_Commissioning Run plan
- Move SHMS back to 30deg.
- If target polarization is close to maximum, we go straight to
- A3) production: Run Plan
- If not, do some "filler" runs. At any point within B3,B4 and B5, if target polarization is high enough, go back to A3) above.
- B3) Rate study with Ref 3He Cell: 2 hours at high momentum setting, 2 hours at the low momentum setting.Run Plan
- B4) Cycle the magnet to high momentum setting. If this happens during day/swing, ask MCC to perform an energy measurement;
- B5) Vent the 3He from Ref Cell, take Empty, H2 and N2 (1-2 hours each), Run Plan
- Moller measurement will start around 8am.
- Start with Moller setup and measurement at present Wien angle (last about 4 hours).
- Do three Wien angles to help with Hall C systematics and in general understanding of the machine. See Atlis
- Keep target expert schedule filled out on whiteboard
- Andy Kenyon has parts ready for the nitrogen for the cooling jets.= Ongoing Work in the Hall
- Bill Henry wants to removed a power supply from the hall. Need Radcon to survey it.
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- The operators have been somewhat careful with our beam orbit locks. Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Ramp rate lock instructions are here and added to checklist
- Temporary Laser instructions can be found here