RC Meeting and Run Plan, Wed, January 22nd 2020
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 Useful Links
- 3 General updates
- 4 Current Run Plan
- 5 Special Requests
- 6 Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- 7 Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, 2nd floor Counting House Meeting Room
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-18.104.22.168 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920
Target training on Thursday 1/23
- Thursday from 2:30PM to 4:00PM in counting house.
- Please send an email to JP (email@example.com) or Arun (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register.
Tuesday day – Wednesday owl
- Laser alignment and wavelength adjustment
- New correction coil settings 
- AFP loss per pass: 1.6% in pumping chamber, 0.2% in target chamber 
- NMR field sweep program's transverse pumping chamber signal works 
- pNMR work continues 
- Multiple accelerator problems overnight and today; some beam this morning
- Harp scan around noon
- Moller & spin dance postponed
Last few polarization measurements
4% @ 3AM Wed 21% @ 7AM Wed 25% @ 9AM Wed 29% @ 12PM Wed 32% @ 3PM Wed
Current Run Plan
- Take NMR every 5–6 hours
- Always take 120Hz of EDTM
Once beam is back
- Tune beam; want width < ~350 um, comparable to this entry
- Can use wire 3 and harp positions to project beam to target.
- Bill is the beam checkout guru for swing/owl
- Short beam checkout procedure:
- Check beam positions 
- If during day: Moller & spin dance (pending Hall A status)
- Do NMR measurement
- Take data:
- if (3He polarization > 38%):
Wednesday swing – Thursday owl
- See above beam comments
- Track polarization to see if changing laser power helped
- Take 2 more NMR measurements at 6PM and 9PM
- After these 2 measurements, change polarization angle for transverse production data
- DOE tour in the morning
- 8:00 AM RadCon sweep
- 9:30 AM restricted access
- 10:30 AM tour, over by lunch presumably
- See above beam comments
- Arun tentatively getting replacement cell prepared early next week; install it in two(?) weeks?
- Keep target expert schedule filled out on whiteboard
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- The operators have been somewhat careful with our beam orbit locks. Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Ramp rate lock instructions are here and added to checklist
- Temporary Laser instructions can be found here