RC Update and Run Plan for Aug 17, 2020
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 4:15 PM, remote
Wednesday Aug 17 2020.
- Continuing with production
- Butterball was delivered yesterday Butter_Ball
- A wall thickness measurement was performed Wall_thickness
- Keep an eye on the Q1 insulating vacuum. Plan is to leave it be but we need to keep checking. The HI and HIHi limits have been adjusted
- During OWL, the SL found that the Web monitor was starting to act weird and eventually stopped updating: [http https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3828977 web_monitor]
- We contacted Chao and he was able to restart the server
- SL also noticed the backlog in offline analysis: Offline_Analysis
- The online monitor (and maybe the offline analysis) should be looked into
- IHWP -- Final decision made between spokespersons -- switch on every 8 hours of beam on target
- RF recovery planned for tomorrow (08/18/). Estimate is 3 hours of recovery and ~1 hour to get get beam back to the Halls. Jay told me it will be a "hard out" around the 3 hour mark.
- Work in the Hall
- Simona - TCD
- Check voltage under full load conditions -- Make sure nothing funny is going on (in a similar manner to what happened Hall A)
- DAY shift, Target expert will start a temperature study at 90 degrees (Once RF recovery begins).
- After finishing, will change spin: 90 ->270
Pending problem(s) / Things to track
- Web monitor. In the event it is not working, please check the data quality using the online analysis script (post link)
Recent polarization measurements
Current Run Plan
Normal Production running
- Make sure operational restrictions are followed.
- Make sure the raster size is correct (4--4.5mm)
- Monitor beam parameters/configuration very often and post an entry like this at the beginning of your shift and when run conditions have changed
- Running on cell targets: raster always ON (4--4.5mm, size will be determined by the scraping checks), orbit locks ON, current ramp rate 1 muA/sec
- Always take 120Hz of EDTM
- Fill the BTA with realistic numbers. If the desired beam current is not delivered prorate your ABUs!
- Change the IHWP at least every 8 hours when running on glass cells. If Hall A hasn't changed in 8 hours, call the RC
- Run plan
- Continue taking production data on the polarized Helium-3 target. If not able to reach requested current, pro-rate the ABUs
- The RF recovery will start around 7:45. Once beam has been taken away, Target expert will begin the temperature curve study.
- Hall will go to controlled access during RF recovery. The plan is for 3 hours of RF recovery
When there is a Down
- If Hall will have opening for 1+ hours, let Simona know as there is work to do on the SOLID cerenkov.
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Beam positions: 
- Policy for CANS-related hall status change: Make a logbook entry when the hall goes in, or comes out of laser-controlled access.
- Magnet policies
- Spectrometer GUI (
go_magnets) should always be visible on Shift Leader computer, hcdesk3
- HMS Q1 must be ramped down in 50A steps in all cases
- Do not ramp HMS Q2 to zero, only go to 10A and then switch off power.
- If any of the Spectrometers magnets trip, take a screenshot of the PSU window and check the hall for smoke or water with the camera before resetting the interlock and post it to hclog.
- Spectrometer GUI (
- Inform the RC of any access that the Target Team requires. The RC will coordinate with RadCon to make everything run smoothly.
- Please make sure that the orbit locks are enabled and the beam does not drift from its nominal position.
- Ramp rate lock instructions are here and added to checklist
Planned Accelerator Configuration Changes
- Hall C to 1st pass on 8/24 and back to 5th pass on 8/27
- Bluejeans remote connection information:
To join the Meeting: https://bluejeans.com/861439920 To join via Room System: Video Conferencing System: bjn.vc -or-184.108.40.206 Meeting ID : 861439920 To join via phone : 1) Dial: +1.408.740.7256 (US (San Jose)) +1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)) +1.408.317.9253 (US (Primary, San Jose)) (see all numbers - http://bluejeans.com/numbers) 2) Enter Conference ID : 861439920