December 2, 2022
RC Meeting Information
RC Daily Meetings are at 11:00 (am) via Zoom and in person in the counting house meeting room (2nd floor)
- Zoom remote connection information:
Join ZoomGov Meeting https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/j/1607100885?pwd=ZFBsRTFsYm5Zb0laZ0tyZXNjcEE0QT09 Meeting ID: 160 710 0885 Passcode: 595071 One tap mobile +16692545252,,1607100885# US (San Jose) +16468287666,,1607100885# US (New York) Dial by your location +1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose) +1 646 828 7666 US (New York) +1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose) +1 551 285 1373 US 833 568 8864 US Toll-free Meeting ID: 160 710 0885 Find your local number: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/u/ab2CekLXgQ
- In Controlled Access
- Dave Meekins finished the target cool down yesterday. There are issues with cryo that need to be worked out before we can run beam on the He3 and He4 targets.
- Vacuum issue downstream of the target. The vacuum, beyond valve VBV3H08A is poor (7e-4) when the valve is opened. Walter, Dave Meekins, and Dave Gaskell are currently in the hall understand what is the source of the bad vacuum..........
- SHMS is at 8.00 degrees
- SHMS momentum is -9.2 GeV
- HMS is at 20.00 degree
- HMS momentum is -6.6 GeV (not positrons)
- Beam and Target Checkout procedure: https://hallcweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/Beam_Checkout_Procedures
- Beam checkout
- Turn on all hodoscope and preshower HV
- Harp scans --- 5 uA beam, Empty target
- Position checkout
- 5-10 uA cw with AL hole
- 2x2 raster
- SHMS rotation to 8 deg: Rotating SHMS below 8 deg will trip the limit switch. Start with putting 8.1 or 8.2 deg on the rotation GUI to see the angle offset first then correct for it.
- HMS rotation to 20 deg: There is an increased chance that the rotation will get "stuck" and require expert intervention.
- When rotating to 20 degrees from smaller HMS angle, it is ok to go directly to 20 degrees.
- When rotating to 20 degrees from larger angle, first rotate to 19 degrees, and then to 20 degrees.
- SHMS DAQ work during the Christmas break by Bob Michaels?
- Begin production data on target ladder 2