Pol He-3 Target Screen Setup
- 1 Pol He-3 Target Screen Setup
- 1.1 Target Training Slides / Polarimetry How-to
- 1.2 Setup target ladder, stripcharts on HCDESK4
- 1.3 Setup target laser controls on POLTARCC
- 1.3.1 Connect to the Laser computer (polhe1)
- 1.3.2 Run the Laser Control and EPICS binder software
- 1.3.3 How to analyze a NMR measurement
- 1.3.4 Longitudinal Rotation Stage Control
- 1.3.5 LabVIEW software notes
- 1.4 Polarized He3 Target Information Main Page
Pol He-3 Target Screen Setup
Target Training Slides / Polarimetry How-to
Setup target ladder, stripcharts on HCDESK4
To setup non-LabVIEW screens (stripcharts, target ladder, etc)
- Go to HCDESK4 (dual monitor linux host to the right of the TO station) and open a terminal on an empty workspace
- Run go_target
- Arrange the screens as shown in the snapshot
Setup target laser controls on POLTARCC
Connect to the Laser computer (polhe1)
- Go to POLTARCC (single monitor linux host to the right in the corner of the TO station)
- Open a terminal on an empty workspace
- Run go_lasers'
NOTE: This opens a VNC client connecting to the polhe1 Windows computer in the Laser room. It will go full screen when it starts. Hit the F8 key to exit the VNC screen if necessary.
Run the Laser Control and EPICS binder software
- Double-click on the Raytum D-Light Laser Controller, Multiple Station icon in the top-middle of the screen.
- On the Sidebar that appears Double-click on the D-Light Laser Controller, Multiple Station.vi line (highlighted here)
- Click on the white arrow near the top of the window that pops up to run the
program. The system will search for the lasers -- be patient, it can take
30-60 seconds until the desired lasers show 'OK'. Click Accept and the
main laser panel will appear with all accessible lasers.
- On the same Sidebar, expand EPICS.lvlib and double-click on Adapter.vi.
- Click on the white 'run' arrow at the top of the window. This binds the LabVIEW variables to an EPICS IOC for monitoring and logging.
- Minimize (do not close) all windows except for the D-Light Laser Controller window.
- Your screen should look similar to the snapshot.
How to analyze a NMR measurement
After taking an NMR measurement, polarization.vi will analyze the data and return a target polarization. All that is needed from the user is to fill out two fields (shown in the blue square boxes)
- Click to open polarization.vi which is located on the top right of the desktop on polhe4
- Enter the data folder you would like to analyze. The most recent data path is shown in the NMR sweep program. If you are analyzing longitudinal data the folder is "Pumping Chamber", for transverse the folder is "Pumping Chamber Trans". Be sure the file explorer window is looking for "All Files ("*")", sometimes the window will only look for a specific file type (e.g. *vi) and the folder will appear empty.
- Enter the calibration constant which is posted on the wall behind POLHE4. (they will be different for long. and transverse pumping)
- Set the background fit order to 2 or it can be changed if desired.
- Hit the run arrow located at the top right of the screen
- The polarization for both the up and down sweep are shown in the red circles
Longitudinal Rotation Stage Control
LabVIEW software notes
- Based on summary from https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3782172
Current Meter Monitor
~/Desktop/A1nD2n_SlowControl/Current Meter Monitor.vi
In case of error for the "Error - 1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in Fluke 45.lvlib:Read Special.vi->Fluke 45.lvlib: Read Measurement.vi->Current Meter Monitor.vi". Stop and/or exit "Current Meter Monitor.vi", reopen and run after waiting for about 10s. If problem still exits, close Labview and restart the computer and bring up softwares again, you can use windows "Task Manager" to close Labview if need. Just make sure there is no NMR, pNMR or field rotation going to while restarting the Labview or computer.
- Some limited documentation/details can be found here: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/3786238
~/Desktop/A1nD2n_SlowControl/Field_Rotation_v5_A1nD2n_LAg_SKe.vi NOTE: (Do not use Field_Rotation_v5.vi since we replaced power supply. LAg = Large Coil Agillent; SKe = Small Coil Kepco)
~/Desktop/A1nD2n_SlowControl/Laser Spectrum Monitor.vi
NMR Field Sweep
~/Desktop/A1nD2n_SlowControl/NMR_FieldSweep_v15_A1nD2n_LAg_SKe.vi (same reason as Field Rotation above)
- EPR-RM sweep: EPR_FM_PIBOX_0_A1n_D2n.vi
- EPR-AFP: EPR_AFP_Modified_v3_A1n_D2n.vi
- Laser bindings (polhe1)
- Polarimetry bindings (polhe4)